Instagram allows users to find the products they love easily. On the platform, about 83% of Instagram users discover new products and services.
How to Sell on Instagram
With the Instagram Checkout feature, eligible customers can select a lot more products.
The Checkout Feature
The ‘Checkout’ feature allows customers to buy selected products without having them leave the app. It creates a more streamlined checkout and helps easily convert Instagram followers into regular customers.
It works by customers tapping and viewing a product from a shopping-based post. Once they click it, they can continue the payment process. It’s all done without leaving the Instagram app. The only information required from shoppers is their name, email address, shipping address, and billing information.
When a user clicks on the “Shop” tab, several edits will show them products from Instagram Checkout brands.
Instagram helps users discover new products and brands, but online stores find it hard to market their products effectively. Many utilize Instagram stories and swipe-up features to lead customers to products.
The only problem with this feature is that the users must be verified or have large followers on the platform. So, converting traffic from Instagram stories to products is very complicated.
Plus, the shoppable Instagram posts feature does not need users to have an extensive list of followers to market to customers on Instagram. It is helpful for any sized eCommerce store.
Working of Checkout Feature
Here’s how the Checkout feature works on Instagram:
- As the user sees a checkout-enabled product in the feed, they will see an option to checkout on Instagram.
- Users fill in their contact, shipping, and payment information. Later, they can place an order in the app itself.
- Once the order is completed, they can view the order status and track the order. Users can also cancel the order, create a return, or ask for support.
How to Sell on Facebook
Facebook Marketplace has drastically transformed Facebook from a social platform into a way for users to connect with businesses and purchase their favorite products.
The Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Selling or Facebook Marketplace lets customers discover, buy or sell their items on the Facebook platform. While listing Marketplace, you can reach buyers where they are.
Facebook Marketplace Benefits
Facebook Marketplace helps businesses to reach users where they already are. People can filter their results by location, price, and category.
Facebook includes various categories for users to choose from, and they can view all categories, specific categories, or search the products. Facebook Marketplace allows extended reach and a personalized customer experience.
Working of Facebook Marketplace
Here’s how the Facebook Marketplace feature works on Facebook:
- From the News Feed, click Marketplace in the left menu.
- Click “Create New Listing” and later “Item for Sale.”
- Click “Add Photos” to upload a picture of your item from the computer.
- Enter the information about the item. To mark an item to be Free, enter 0 as the price.
- Click “Next.” If Next is grayed out, ensure you have entered the information that is required.
- Click “Publish” to post the Marketplace listing.
For retailers thinking to use Checkout on Instagram, there are a few details to consider:
- New product tags use checkout. For U.S. customers, you can’t tag products using links to external websites.
- With Checkout, ensure that you use products with prices in USD. Checkout doesn’t support products in other currencies and gets linked to external websites.
- Checkout makes you subject to merchant terms and Instagram policies. For more information, go to Facebook’s Commerce Policies page.
Instagram has many requirements for your professional account to sell on Facebook Commerce surfaces:
Be located in a supported market
Using Facebook Commerce surfaces would mean that your Instagram professional account must be located in a supported market. Currently, Checkout is available only in the U.S.
Agree with Instagram Policies
If you have an Instagram professional account, it must comply with Instagram guidelines.
Provide accurate information and follow best practices
If accurate information is not given and requirements are not met, your account would lose access to Facebook Commerces features, surfaces, and it may get disabled.
Facebook Commerce surfaces would consist of Facebook shops, Marketplace Stores, Facebook Page Shops, Live Shopping, and Instagram Shopping.
Represent your business and domain
Facebook and Instagram must-have products that are available for direct purchase from the business website or Checkout.
While directing buyers from Facebook Commerce Surfaces to any website, Facebook would need a single non-shortened domain.
The Facebook Page and Instagram professional account must represent the store with the provided domain. You may verify your domain by completing the Domain Verification process.
Additional requirements for Facebook Marketplace
You are automatically placed into Facebook’s Marketplace review process. It provides them time to determine whether your products are suitable to sell on the Marketplace. The process would take less than a week.
The Facebook marketplace rules are as follows:
- Certain items can’t be sold. The list is found on Marketplace.
- You must sell a physical item.
- The item description must match the image.
- Before and after pictures are not allowed.
Some businesses can easily create Shop type listings on Instagram and Facebook. The new, updated process looks to streamline the process, but the points mentioned above give you an idea of how the system works and an overview of the current eCommerce set-up to sell products on Instagram and Facebook.
Are you looking to know more about selling on Instagram and Facebook? Our Orderhive team will be more than helpful to you.
We are an eCommerce automation platform that would save your time and focus on growing the business. Our team makes it easy to automate tasks within your operations and across the apps.
Dev Upadhyay enjoys writing on a variety of topics and takes pleasure in immersing himself in learning about new and exciting areas. He loves to binge-watch documentaries about science and society. Being a travel freak, he's very adventurous and fun-loving.
Other articles from Cin7 Orderhive
How technology is helping online sellers to reduce their daily struggles?
With big companies making most of the profits, small and medium-sized eCommerce business owners lack growth opportunities. But, instead of neglecting the ingredients to their succe..
Demand Forecasting and Planning: Everything you need to know
The flow of content: Conceptual Understanding Why Businesses Forecast Demand: More Crucial Than Ever Before Key Elements Which Inputs Are Required From Within..